Addiction causes enormous damage to the body in the form of serious illnesses,unpleasant smell from the mouth, yellowish skin, increased fatigue. The health of passive smokers suffers even more. The conclusion is clear: you must stop smoking so as not to poison your life and that of those who are nearby. Many men and women who smoke ask themselves the question: is it possible to say goodbye to a bad habit on your own, easily and simply? You can, by adhering to a few simple rules. But simply or easily, it will be up to you personally.
A bit about a bad habit
Nicotine has a negative effect on human health. Smokers can suffer from diseases of the heart and blood vessels, stomach and intestines, bronchi and lungs. A dangerous hobby provokes the appearance of oncological diseases much more often than in non-smoking patients. In men it is problems with potency, in women - infertility. Newlyweds who smoke create an unhealthy basis for the development of future children.
Cigarettes are a real poison that slowly kills the health of a nation.
Getting rid of nicotine addiction on our own
Make a strong and important decision about quitting smoking first. Next:
- Eliminate the first companions of cigarettes - coffee and alcohol from the established diet. Consume compotes and juices, jelly and tea.
- Postpone meetings with smoking friends for at least a month.
- If you are tormented by the urge to smoke, drink a glass of plain water, eat an apple, mints, chew gum.
- Avoid for the time these situations and places where you smoke most often: clubs, places of entertainment, lunch breaks at work, outings with friends in nature.
- Eliminate habits that might remind you to smoke from life: souvenir lighters and ashtrays, pipes and cigarette holders.
- You shouldn't keep a pack of cigarettes at home "just in case". It must be got rid of immediately, so that temptation does not torment.
- Save the money you'd expect to spend on cigarettes every day. With the amount collected, buy yourself a nice thing that you have dreamed of for a long time.
- Exercise or get in shape, go fitness, visit the swimming pool. Gradually increase sports loads.
- Spend a lot of time outdoors, walking in parks, near bodies of water.
- Go for bike rides. In your free time, listen to good music, watch interesting movies, read and re-read exciting books.
- Find an activity for yourself that can distract you from obsessive thoughts and desires. For example, women can do sewing, embroidery, knitting; men - woodwork.
- Cultivate both your character's strength and willpower. These qualities will help you stay on target halfway through.
- Think about the pleasant changes that will occur over time after you break your “relationship” with a cigarette. These include: excellent health and a fresh complexion, thick hair and white teeth, an athletic figure and a well-groomed appearance, erudition and intelligence, healthy children and a good mood.
Recommendations from people for yesterday's smokersHerbalists
also have a ton of helpful advice. Their recipes will help facilitate the separation process with a cigarette:
- Grind the oats. Pour three teaspoons of the product with a glass of boiled water. Put on low heat for five minutes. Insist for an hour. Filter and take the infusion three times a day before a meal, a third of a glass for thirty days.
- Eat a few drops of fish oil with bread for a month.
- Prepare a teaspoon of Indian or Ceylon tea with two cups of boiled water. Add nettle leaves, peppermint, rue scented, chicory roots in half a teaspoon to tea leaves. Leave the tea for 10 minutes. After filtering, consume half a glass two or three times a day.
- Pour two teaspoons of eucalyptus leaves with a glass of boiled water. Leave to infuse for an hour. Filter the infusion and add honey with glycerin to it, a tablespoon of each component. Drink this infusion for a month 4 times a day for 1/2 cup.
If you use traditional medicine recipes, you can quit smoking on your own.