Allen Carr is an Englishman who successfully quit smoking after 30 years of nicotine addiction. He outlined his feelings in the book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking", which quickly became a real bestseller.With the proceeds from the sale of books that have been translated into 70 languages of the world, Allen Carr, along with his like-minded people, is opening a series of clinics in which former smokers help those who wish to overcome their passionfor smoking. By choosing a healthy lifestyle, the writer invented his own way to easily quit smoking Allen Carr.
The main difference from the accepted methods of quitting smoking is the awareness of smokers of why it is necessary to smoke, what a person gets if they stop their addiction. The author claims that it is fundamentally wrong to think of nicotine addiction as a bad habit. Opponents are asked the question: why other habits can be easily quit, but it doesn't work with smoking. Although the signs accompanying the process are extremely unpleasant: a terrible smell from the mouth, an unpleasant aftertaste after smoking a cigarette, obvious damage to health, as well as considerable material costs, but people continue to worryindulge in their passion.
Why do people smoke
The reason for unsuccessful attempts to quit smoking, says the writer, is a deformation of the human psyche, as a result of which the addict begins to find excuses for why he smokes. The addict indefinitely postpones the date of the definitive abandonment of the habit: tomorrow, from Monday, in a month, then a day, but not now.
A person's fear of having to change their usual lifestyle makes it difficult to end nicotine addiction today. A list of the most common expectations that a smoker uses to justify himself is offered:
- quitting smoking will cause health problems;
- gain weight without smoking;
- smoking removes stress, has a calming effect; Nicotine
- improves the taste of food; The cigarette
- helps communication, liberation.
In reality, the opposite is true. A person falls into the slavery of nicotine addiction, which he does not have the strength to give up. How does inhaling tobacco smoke affect a person:
- destroys the body, constantly inhaling nicotine. If a dose of a substance in a single cigarette is injected into a vein, the poison will instantly kill the person. Along with smoke, nicotine enters the body in smaller amounts, but it also has a lethal effect only at a slower rate;
- Nicotine reduces appetite, interferes with absorption of nutrients. Quitting smoking, many experience an increased sensation of hunger, which they hasten to satisfy. Weight gain occurs when you try to replace the smoking habit with food, eating foods that are too sweet and fatty;
- disrupting the work of the whole organism, smoking also destroys the nervous system, increasing the likelihood of stressful situations. This results in a vicious circle: nicotine contributes to the appearance of nervous tension, and to avoid it, another cigarette is smoked;
- the effects of tobacco smoke on taste buds and smell are negative and destructive. Over time, a smoker simply cannot fully appreciate the taste of the dish;
- In a non-smoking business, the puffs of smoke from a lit cigarette are bothersome and annoying. The smoker's breath is perceived as the stench of an overflowing ashtray. Clothes that have absorbed the smell of smoke are unpleasant to others.
The smoker's fears are illusory. A comprehensive assessment of your delirium, an understanding of nicotine addiction, the desire to switch to a healthy lifestyle is the main condition for quitting smoking on your own.
Allen Carr recommends against using the phrase "quit smoking" because it is associated with the victim of someone quitting addiction, causing the opposite effect.
How does nicotine addiction occur
When a person lights a cigarette for the first time, they don't think they'll be hooked for the rest of their life. The body, feeling the mortal danger, resists coughing, tearing, shortness of breath.
The urge to smoke arises as soon as the body's negative reaction is overcome. Allen Carr calls the emerging addiction a kind of nicotine trap, the device of which fully helps to keep the person trapped as long as possible. The major manufacturers of tobacco products and various smoking accessories are financially interested in making millions of addicted people fabulous incomes by losing their health and ruining their lives.
Nicotine is an addictive drug in record time. When you smoke a cigarette, each puff represents a mini dose of the narcotic. The poison enters the bloodstream and the brain, causing oxygen deprivation. The effect of the poisonous substance passes after a few minutes or hours, then a new portion is required. The dosage should be increased gradually in order to achieve the desired state.
Also contributes to addiction to smoking, surrounding drug addicts who justify their habit of illusory reasons: pleasure, fashion, prestige.
A person from childhood at the subconscious level sums up the hidden advertising of tobacco products and smoking:
- dependent parents who smoke with children;
- movie characters with a cigarette in their mouth, watching movies and television screens;
- billboards with advertising of famous tobacco brands;
- cigarette manufacturers billboard sports;
- beautiful packaging of tobacco products, accessories (ashtrays, lighters, cigarette holders, pipes).
Anti-medical advertising does not produce the desired effect, imprinting terrible images of the consequences of smoking on cigarette packs. Young people see the timing of the onset of consequences as a distant future, especially since not all smokers have lung cancer or tuberculosis.
Basics of the method
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smokingis to create the happy mood a person feels after being completely healed from a terminal illness. Inspired by happiness, a person can overcome all the difficulties associated with the final decision to quit smoking. This is a fundamentally new approach to the problem of nicotine addiction. After a short time, the former smoker completely switches to a healthy lifestyle, the urge for nicotine and smoking no longer arises.
The methodology is based on a more detailed examination of the smoking process:
- The realization that nicotine addiction brings no pleasure.
- Person understands that in fact he is a real drug addict.
- Every cigarette for the patient's money helps destroy his body and soul.
- No one can force a person to become an addict. This decision is up to each smoker personally.
- Everyone understands that smoking is an addiction. After all, no parent wants their children to become addicted to nicotine.
- It is recommended that you maximize your desire to quit smoking, change your environment, and do what you love.
You cannot end the addiction by using a weaker drug. Therefore, the use of nicotine patch, chewing gum, pills is of low effectiveness.
Due to any addiction, a person wants to have fun, but what a smoker yearns to do, pump poison into his body with every cigarette, ordinary people get it without any effort:
- expectation of joy from each lived day;
- good rest at night;
- lack of guilt for their actions;
- cheerfulness and well-being;
- material savings.
Of course, the Allen Carr method is not for everyone. 6% of smokers who come to clinics cannot overcome their addiction. But don't give up. If one method fails, you must find another, a third, so as not to give up until complete victory.